The Truth About Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard
Whey protein is perhaps the top-rated supplement in bodybuilding and virtually every sport that requires body strength enhancement. The reason is simple; it works. Among the top-selling whey protein products is Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein Gold Standard. But is it really that good?
The answer to that question lies somewhere in the product, which we shall look into here. But you can be fairly certain that if a product keeps selling year after year something must be good about it. Not only has Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein been a best-seller, it has won the Supplement Of The Year and Protein Powder Of The Year Award four years in a row.
Optimum Nutrition Whey Gold Standard Facts
- 24g of protein per scoop: This means you can boost your protein intake easily without taking down gobs of it.
- Cross-flow micro-filtered: Helps prevent amino acid breakdown (known as denaturing), as well as remove virtually all lactose, cholesterol and ash. (Ash leaves an unpleasant aftertaste).
- Packed with whey protein isolates: the most pure form of whey and which does not cause bloating. It is also the safest choice for the lactose intolerant.
- Contains digestive enzymes: these help further aid absorption.
- Mixes well: You will not have to reach for the blender. All you need is water (or other drink) and a spoon.
- Contains 4 grams of glutamine and glutamine precursors: helps prevent muscle breakdown during and after intense weight training.
- 5 grams of BCAAs (branched chain amino acids): These are the building blocks of protein and essential for proper muscle building and metabolism.
- Higher protein percentage: Optimum Nutrition 100 Whey Protein Gold contains no fillers
About the Taste and Flavors
I will not tell you that you will like the taste of Optimum Nutrition Whey Gold Standard, since individual tastes differ. Some like it instantly, others "acquire" the taste, and some simply don’t like it. The only way to find out is to try it.
Tip: Try getting smaller containers of different flavors to start and see which one you like best.
Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein Gold Standard comes in multiple flavors including:
- Banana Cream
- Caramel Toffee Fudge
- Chocolate Malt
- Chocolate Mint
- Cookies & Cream
- Delicious Strawberry
- Extreme Milk Chocolate
- Rocky Road
- Strawberry Banana
- Tropical Punch
Who Should Take Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein?
Here’s a short list of advantages of taking this nutritional product:
- Build lean muscle mass: Whey is presently the highest rated protein nutrition food, with a BV (biological value) higher than even the egg.
- Lose fat by gaining lean mass. Muscle cells burn energy and calories, which helps lose fat. Even women can benefit from this by building "feminine" muscle mass.
- A great pre-workout meal: You can take it approximately 30 minutes before workout for additional and sustained energy.
- A great post-workout meal: give your muscles a shot and prevent breakdown (catabolism) by taking it immediately after a workout session.
- Gain quality weight without gaining fat. This includes hard-gainers, the elderly and others who tend to lose weight rapidly or just can’t seem to gain any lean mass. Gaining weight is not always a bad thing!
- Lead a healthy lifestyle generally and boost your immune system. Good nutrition can only do you good.
ON Whey Weaknesses
Perhaps the only weakness in this product is that it contains artificial sweeteners. However, these are mainly natural, low-calorie types such as sucralose, so it should not really be a big concern. This also helps keep the product’s cost reasonably low compared to similar products.
"Are There Any Side-effects I Should Know About?"
There are no documented side effects of whey protein in general, and this includes ON Nutrition Whey Gold Standard. You should test it with your own body though and/or consult a healthcare professional before taking it as individual bodies may differ.
If you had to choose a whey protein powder for quality and low price, Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein would be it. This is a very good protein supplement that is also virtually free of lactose, fat and sugar. It comes in different flavors (listed above) and sizes (1 lb, 2 lbs, 5 lbs, and huge 10 lbs container).
*Statements on this page have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.