Are you one of the otherwise healthy people who suffer from achy joints? Do you want to prevent these and maintain healthy joints for as long as possible well into your older years?
Most everyone experiences joint pain at some point in their life. Whether it is activity related or something stemming from more serious issues, joint pain can cause functional impairment and seriously affect quality of life. About one in five people experience severe joint pain or have been diagnosed with arthritis. Joint pain is also the leading cause of disability in the United States.
While joint pain is more prevalent in aging adults, younger persons with conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis are not uncommon.
Unhealthy joints can cause joint swelling from strenuous or non-strenuous activities, can limit mobility and create poor sleep quality. If you suffer from joint issues, there are things you can do to help, including taking supplements. Many people today are on prescription or over the counter medications for joint pain.
Unfortunately medications come with certain often serious side effects. Nutritional supplements usually have fewer or no side effects. Supplements have also been used along with medications with significant beneficial effects. Of course, you should only take supplements with medications under a physician’s supervision.
Even if you do not have severe joint pain, prevention by supplementation can go a long way. They may help prevent joint conditions such as osteoporosis and maintain healthy cartilage. Many health experts recommend taking joint supplements if you are physically active to help rebuild your joints.
Choosing a Supplement to Support Healthy Joints
In order to find a good supplement healthy joints you would need to consider the following:
- Ingredients and what they do: Many supplements contain a combination of several ingredients that address various issues such as mobility, inflammation, and lubrication.
- Efficacy: The most important thing here is scientific backing. Any supplements maker can claim that their product works, but have the ingredients been scientifically tested? Next, of course, is the amounts of the active ingredients. Some cheap, low quality products often contain less than what you need to get a therapeutic effect. If a product does not list ingredient amounts, don’t buy it.
- Bioavailability: No matter how good the ingredients, they will not benefit you if they are not delivered into your system. Therefore absorption is vital.
Top Natural Supplements for Joint Health
Two of the leading supplements on the market may help prevent joint pain and assist in improving your general quality of living.
1. BioTrust Joint 33X™
BioTrust 33X is said to work 33 times faster than leading joint health compounds glucosamine and chondroitin. This supplement said to ease joint pain and discomfort as well as promote health in a number of ways:
- Reduce discomfort from joint pain by 300 percent
- Reduce stiffness by 400 percent.
- Improve comfort, mobility, flexibility and reduce stiffness.
- Reduce inflammation
- Address structural root causes of joint discomfort and pain (rather than just temporary simply offering temporarily relief).
This supplement contains a synergistic blend of 3 nutrients shown in studies to promote healthy joints and ease discomfort. These ingredients are:
- UC-II®: This is short for undenatured type II collagen, that has been shown to be in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Regular use of this compound may help rebuild cartilage as well as reduce joint pain and discomfort. UC-II is said to be 50 TIMES more potent than the most popular form hydrolyzed collagen used in most joint health supplements out there. Studies have shown UC-II to be effective in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Hyal-Joint®: This patented ingredient is a form of hyaluronic acid which helps restore sufficient amounts of synovial fluid in your joints. This action reduces the friction between your joints and improves overall mobility. A clinical trial showed that daily Hyal-Joint supplementation may help relieve pain and improve quality of life in patients with osteoarthritis.
- AspresFlex®: Yet another patented ingredient, this targets and deters collagen-corrupting enzymes, which helps to reduce joint discomfort. This ingredient is derived from a plant and helps reduce flare ups after being mobile.
BioTrust Joint 33X is formulated to help reduce stiffness, improve your mobility, and even aid you in sleeping better. The best way to find out if the is supplement will work for you is by trying it yourself and giving it a fair chance (take it regularly for a few weeks). It just may help you regain some of your freedom you may have lost as a result of joint pain or stiffness.
2. Xtend-Life™ Not Just Joints
As the name suggests, Xtend-Life Not Just Joints is formulated to go beyond just joint health. This product may help manage joint inflammation, comfort sore joints, support healthy cartilage, as well as promote healthy muscle and connective tissue. The ingredients in this supplement may also support your immunity, tissue, and skin health as well.
Not Just Joints is an extra-strength supplement that contains ingredients shown to promote healthy joints in a number of ways. The product may provide lubrication to joints, improve mobility, manage inflammation, and comfort sore joints and muscles.
- Glucosamine Sulfate: This ingredient is a tad different from the typical glucosamine found in other supplements. It plays a vital role in the production of connective tissue, which makes it a groundbreaker in joint restoration. Studies have shown this compound to be effective in the treatment of osteoarthritis.
- Methylsulfonyl Methane (MSM): Also spelled as one word, methylsulfonylmethane, MSM is an anti-aging agent that may help improve flexibility and manage inflammation. It may promote healthy collagen levels and also helps the body form new tissues in the joints and muscles.
- Chondroitin Sulfate: This is naturally found in the body and is a vital part in giving cartilage its elasticity. It may help to reduce the breaking down of cartilage as well as manage swelling and inflammation. Studies have shown chondroitin used with sulfate with glucosamine may help to significantly reduce arthritis pain.
- SAMe: Short for S-adenosylmethionine, this is a naturally occurring compound that may reduce pain and inflammation in the joints. Some studies showed that SAMe supplements were as effective as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen and naproxen) in adults with knee, hip, or spine osteoarthritis and also helped reduce morning stiffness and swelling.
- Turmeric extract and Green Lipped Mussel Powder: Not only do these ingredients help to manage inflammation in the body, they also help support healthy tissue, gums and skin.
Xtend-Life Not Just Joints is a joint supplement that contains multiple premium ingredients for joint health, some of which are not found in other supplements. This alone makes it a superior product, not to mention that it supports more than just healthy joints.
The supplement targets the root cause of joint pain, not just masking the pain. Even if you’re not suffering from severe pain, the reconstructive qualities of this supplement may help prevent this in the future.
* None of the statements on this page have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult a healthcare professional before starting a new supplement especially if you are pregnant, nursing, have known health condition or on medications.