Really, Eat Carbs and Still Lose Fat?
Sounds too good to be true: eat all the carbohydrates you want and still lose belly fat. This is the promise of IC-5™, said to be an “Advanced Insulin and Carbohydrate Management system”. The question is, does IC-5 work?
In other words, can IC-5 really help you lose weight? To answer the question, we need to look at the ingredients in the product and what they are supposed to do, as well as any scientific tests available.
Why Carbohydrates Are Not the Real Enemy
Like cholesterol, carbohydrates have been grossly misunderstood and vilified. Carbs are supposed to be the “bad guys” of our diet, that make us balloon as soon as they go down our throats. The truth is, we actually need carbohydrates to be healthy.
You see, carbs are an important part of the three of macronutrients we need to live. These macronutrients are protein, carbohydrates and fats. We need all these three for a wholesome meal. Of course, the ratios matter, but that is another topic.
And of the three macronutrients, carbs happen to be the most filling. They also supply us with energy.
Avoiding carbohydrates not only rarely works in the long term and may not be healthy.
True, when it comes to the struggle against weight gain and maintaining a healthy diet on a regular basis, carbohydrates are a major force to be faced. But the problem is not the carbs per se. It is how your body processes the carbs. Control this and you may find yourself losing weight with less effort and without avoiding carbs or even reducing your intake. The makers of IC-5 claim that it may help by:
- Increasing insulin sensitivity: This may help lower your body’s insulin output. This is a good thing, as the more insulin in your system the more difficult it can be to lose fat.
- More efficient sugar processing: When your body is able to effectively process carbohydrates, less sugar is stored in the form of fat.
How IC-5 Can Help Improve Your Body’s Fat Burn Potential
For most people, managing how your body processes carbohydrates may be the key to natural and rapid fat loss. This requires addressing one extremely important hormone: insulin. This plays a major role in metabolism and how the body absorbs glucose and uses it for energy.
Due to years of consuming processed carbs, our body’s ability to use insulin effectively. This is called insulin resistance. This can negatively impact both your health and your body weight.
BioTrust IC-5 may allow you to manage this most critical aspect of your health. How?
IC-5 Ingredients and What They Do For Your Body
BioTrust IC-5 is a unique blend of five specific ingredients that have been found to improve insulin sensitivity (the opposite of insulin resistance).
Its formulation allows your body to deal with insulin more efficiently. This increased sensitivity has a direct impact on how carbohydrates are processed, allowing you to lose weight more easily. These ingredients are:
- Cinnamomum burmannii: Also known as Indonesian cinnamon, this plant has been found to have insulin resistance-reducing properties, which may aid fat burning as well beneficial in the treatment of type 2 diabetes. And no, this is not the same cinnamon you will find in the seasonings aisle of your local grocery stores. Virtually all of those are nothing but dust.
- Berberine: This herb has been used for ages in traditional Chinese medicine for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. It has been shown to insulin-sensitizing effects improve glucose uptake into the muscle cells.
- Pterocarpus marsupium: Also known as Indian Kino Tree, in some countries this is available only by prescription. It is commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of diabetes. It has been shown to significantly decrease blood sugar levels after a relatively short time following a meal.
- 4-hydroxyisoleucine: Extracted from fenugreek seeds, this herb has been shown to not only stimulate glucose uptake, but may also improve HDL (good) cholesterol levels.
- R-Alpha-Lipoic-Acid: Not to be confused with alpha-lipoic acid, R-Alpha-Lipoic-Acid (also known as R-lipoic acid and R-ALA), this has been shown to significantly increase insulin sensitivity.
Dosage and Label Claims
Finding a supplement with all the above ingredients working synergistically, besides IC-5, would not easy if you can find one at all. Moreover, most will contain just one or two of the ingredients, but not in effective doses.
Many cheap products contain but a smattering of the active compounds. BioTrust, the makers of IC-5, not only ensure effective doses, but also top quality ingredients. Random samples of their products are regularly tested through by an independent lab to ensure that label claims remain true and honest.
Weaknesses and Side Effects
Beside the cost – IC-5 is not cheap – we did not find any weaknesses in this product. Quality ingredients don’t come cheap, so the only way for BioTrust to keep the price tag as low as possible is by-passing the middle-man and selling their products directly to you.
Whilst consulting with a healthcare professional is always recommended, IC-5 is safe to use for most people, unless you have a known allergy to any of the ingredients.
Will IC-5 Work for You?
No two individuals are alike, and no product works the same way for everybody. Like any supplement, IC-5 will need a fair chance to find out if it is working. This means taking it regularly and in the recommended doses, for about 60 to 90 days. A healthy diet and exercise are still encouraged.
IC-5 is not sold in stores. Comes with a full 1 year satisfaction guarantee.
* None of the statements on this page have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult a healthcare professional before starting a new supplement especially if you are pregnant, nursing, have known health condition or on medications.