BioTrust Low Carb: Top Quality Protein Powder Blend or Second Rate?
Finding a good protein powder supplement can be tricky. And if you don’t know what to look for, even the label can trick you. The makers BioTrust Low Carb say it is a premium blend of high-quality proteins that simply stands on its own. Is this true or just hype? Well, will take a look at the facts and find out.
Side note: For your convenience, links on this page open in a new page/tab.
Virtually manufacturer out there claims to make the “best protein supplement”. However, a good look at the facts often tells a whole different story. The makers of BioTrust Low Carb, a protein powder blend made with natural ingredients, backs their claims up with facts.
BioTrust Low Carb Benefits
- 100% natural ingredients: no artificial sweeteners, colors or flavors.
- Low temperature processed: Many of the protein products you will find out there are made using cheap, high-heat process sing methods that denature the proteins. BioTrust Low Carb is carefully processed at low temperatures thus preserving their bioavailability and natural state.
- Top quality protein blend: 24 grams of top quality fast-acting and slow-acting proteins. Many health and fitness experts now agree that it is best to get the best of both forms. Many protein supplements out there are loaded cheap low quality forms of protein.
- Digestive enzymes: The proteins will not do you much good if most of them don’t get absorbed in the body. BioTrust Low Carb contains patented ProHydrolase® specialized enzymes to help ensure optimal absorption and utilization of the proteins.
- Growth hormone free: The proteins are sourced from grass-fed without potentially dangerous growth hormones and antibiotics. BioTrust Low Carb is Certified rBST Free.
- Naturally sweetened: BioTrust Low Carb does not contain aspartame and other potentially harmful artificial sweeteners. It is naturally sweetened with stevia and inulin.
- No soy protein: Most of the soybeans grown in the US are genetically modified to withstand mega doses of pesticides, something you may want to avoid. Not to mention, there is the controversy about soy promoting estrogen production.
- Fiber: Contains 4 grams of high-quality fiber per serving.
Why You Want a Blend of Slow Acting and Fast Acting Proteins
Unless you are still new to the supplements world you most likely have heard the debate on slow acting versus fast acting protein. Proponents of each side have their facts and, interestingly, both are right. There are merits to both types of protein powder and we shall very briefly look at the main ones.
The most obvious advantage of fast acting protein such as whey is that it is fast to get absorbed. The advantage is that the amino acids go to work fast to nourish and repair tissues. The disadvantage is that the effects are transient (don’t last long).
The advantage of slow acting proteins such as micellar casein is that they get released slowly overtime, thereby offering your tissues sustained nourishment. The disadvantage is that they don’t offer a quick “pick me up” so to speak.
A combination of different forms of protein may provide optimal benefits. This is why a premium blend is recommended.
This is why you want a blend of both high quality fast and slow acting proteins. Additionally, digestive enzymes in BioTrust Low Carb may help enhance absorption.
Taste and Flavor
While you want your protein powder to help meet your goals whether it is muscle building, weight management or to improve overall health, it will be easier if you if actually do want take it. If it tastes terrible, you will find an excuse not to.
Tastes do differ, but most users say BioTrust Low Carb protein blend has an awesome taste. You most likely will love it and actually look forward to taking it. Flavors currently available are
BioTrust Lowcarb Weaknesses
One weakness, if we can even call it that, is that BioTrust Low Carb is not cheap. Quality ingredients don’t come, not to mention cutting-edge processing. However, the makers have done their best to make it affordable by reducing their own profit margins.
Another weakness, again if we may call it that, is that choice of flavors is not wide. Getting a great flavor and getting it right takes time and lots of testing (read tasting). BioTrust Low Carb is currently only available in two flavors; milk chocolate and vanilla cream.
Here’s what you get from BioTrust Low Carb:
- High quality protein blend consisting of fast and low acting proteins. These are whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, micellar casein and milk protein and no soy protein.
- No hormones: Sourced from grass-fed cows that are NOT treated with growth hormones or antibiotics and is certified rGBH FREE.
- Low heat processed using cutting-edge technology that ensures proteins remain intact and do not get denatured.
- Specialized digestive enzymes: to help improve absorption into your system.
- No artificial sweeteners or colors. And tastes great too.
- Soy protein free
If you are looking for a high quality protein powder made with natural ingredients, you owe it to yourself to give BioTrust Low Carb a try. Comes with one full year 100% satisfaction money back guarantee.
This product not sold in stores