The First Fish and Krill Oil Blend: But Is It That Good?
Let me start with one fact I have found out about BioTrust Nutrition. Their approach to supplements making is totally unique. They don’t simply put out a supplement in the “me too” fashion as most other supplements companies do. Their OmegaKrill 5X is not just another omega-3 supplement. How?
What Makes OmegaKrill 5X Unique
Like virtually all other BioTrust Nutrition supplements, this product addresses certain weaknesses and problems in omega-3 supplements.
For one, this is perhaps the first blend of fish oil and krill oil in one pill. One of the most common question about omega-3 supplements is, “which is better, fish oil or krill oil?” Now you can have both in the same pill. But do you really need both?
Well, each one has its strengths over the other. For example, fish oil is higher on docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) fatty acid concentrations overall. But while krill oil has lower concentrations of these, it has a higher absorption rate as it is bound in phospholipids.
Krill oil also naturally contains astaxanthin, a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that may be beneficial for joints, cardiovascular health and even cancer.
OmegaKrill 5X gives you the more efficient absorption of krill oil plus the higher concentrations of DHA and EPA from fish oil. Just what are the benefits of DHA and EPA?
DHA and EPA Benefits
DHA and EPA are two most important fatty acids that supply the benefits of omega-3 fatty acids. These benefits include:
- Cardiovascular health: Omega-3 fatty acids benefit the heart of healthy people as well as those at risk of, or have, heart disease.
- Skin health: Studies indicate that these essential fatty acids (EFAs) may help in the treatment and prevention of certain skin disorders, as well as help protect the skin against the sun’s UV rays. This benefit is attributed mainly to EPA.
- Brain health: The fatty acids may help improve brain function as well as maintain cognitive function as we age. This is mainly attributed to DHA.
Of course there are so many more benefits of DHA and EPA fatty acids, they could easily fill an entire book.
Another aspect that makes OmegaKrill 5X unique from other omega-3 supplements is that it was made with maximum possible absorption in mind. After all, what good is the oil if most of it doesn’t get into your system?
The supplement’s absorption rate is enhanced in 3 ways:
- Omega-3 oils in natural triglyceride oil that is better absorbed in the body than other synthetic forms.
- Patented VesiSorb® minimizes break down of the fatty acids by the stomach acids.
- Krill oil contains phospholipids which have been linked to better absorption.
Improved absorption in turn has the benefit of minimizing fish burps and aftertaste, a common complaint against fish oil supplements. Plus, because of VesiSorb® technology, the oil by-passes the stomach thus virtually eliminating fish burps.
Processing Method: Removing Impurities and Contaminants
The processing method of OmegKrill 5X too is unique from other supplements. Super Critical CO2 Extraction method removes impurities and contaminants at cold temperature, which helps preserve the active ingredients.
The oil is extracted from source ensuring freshness. This also allows for higher EPA and DHA concentrations. This means fewer of pills you need to take.
Summary of What You Get
Each serving of OmegKrill 5X contains:
- Fish oil and Krill Oil (from anchovy and Antarctica krill) 788mg
- Total Omega-3 Fatty Acids 488mg
- DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) 392mg
- EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) 64mg
- Other fatty acids 24mg
- Astaxanthin 300mcg
OmegaKrill 5X Side Effects and Other Downsides
Since OmegaKrill 5X contains krill oil, those allergic to shellfish may want to avoid it. Of course, if you have a fish allergy may want to avoid as well. If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare professional before taking this or other supplement.
You want to consult your healthcare professional if you are on cholesterol medications as fish and krill oil have blood-thinning properties.
Beside the cost (OmegaKrill 5X is not cheap due to the cutting-edge processing methods and top quality ingredients) we did not find any downsides to this supplement.
So, Good or Bad?
So, OmegaKrill 5X a good omega-3 supplement? The answer is an emphatic yes. While soon there will be many copycat products out there if there aren’t already, meeting the quality standards of this product will not be easy.
OmegaKrill 5X is not sold in stores. Comes with a full 1 year satisfaction money back guarantee.
* None of the statements on this page have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult a healthcare professional before starting a new supplement especially if you are pregnant, nursing, have known health condition or on medications.