Best Fish Oil Pills
How to Buy the Best Fish Oil Pills
It is a widely known fact that fish oil is good for you. But there are hundreds of brands of fish oil supplements out there. How do you buy fish oil pills that will give you the best nutritional value?
Here are a few things to look for to find a high quality fish oil pill:
- Purity: You should look for a product that is highly purified while while maintaining the nutrients. This is the type of fish oil that enables you to get the required amount of Omega-3 fatty acids without fear of ingesting pollutants and other impurities. Molecular distillation is the method currently used to make high-quality fish oil supplements.
- DHA and EPA Levels: These are the most important Omega-3 fatty acids, particularly DHA. DHA is docosahexaenoic acid and EPA is eicosapentaenoic acid. Low-quality fish oil supplements contain excessive amounts of "filler" substances, as much as 90%, giving you only 10% omega-3. Tip: make sure your fish oil pills of choice consist of at least 50% Omega-3.
- Product species: The species from which the oil has been extracted – such as salmon, tuna, mackerel etc - should be clearly listed somewhere on the label. Depending on your location (and knowledge about fish) some species may not be familiar; the important thing is that it be a rich source of omega-3.
- Freshness: Would you eat spoiled fish? Of course not. It is the same with fish oil. When fish oils are exposed to air for a length of time, they become rancid. Not only is do you not get the benefits from such oil, it can also be dangerous. Fish oils should be extracted at low temperature and processed as soon as possible after the catch.
- Processing: Molecular distillation is the best process so far known for removing heavy metals (such as mercury and lead), PCBs and other harmful toxins to a level that is safe for human consumption. This is an expensive process and not all manufacturers are able to do it. The more reason to stay away from cheap Omega-3 supplements.
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) is essential for the growth and functional development of the brain in infants. DHA is also required for maintenance of normal brain function in adults. The inclusion of plentiful DHA in the diet improves learning ability, whereas deficiencies of DHA are associated with deficits in learning. DHA is taken up by the brain in preference to other fatty acids.
Top Rated Fish Oil Supplements
Your local pharmacy may not be the best place to buy fish oil supplements. Why? Because most of the brands you'll find are low quality, made with cheap ingredients that have proportionately low nutritional value. Here are top rated fish oil pills to check out (the decision is still yours):
1. Omega-3 DHA Fish Oil Premium
Harvested in the pristine waters of Southern New Zealand that have been found to be virtually free from contaminants, Xtend-Life Omega-3 DHA Fish Oil Premium is perhaps one of the purest and beneficial fish oil pills you'll find anywhere.
The fish used are caught fresh and the oil processed, at low temperature, within a few hours to ensure freshness and no rancidity. Omega-3 DHA Fish Oil Premium is processed through molecular distillation, with extra care taken to ensure the highest possible level of purity.
What makes this product unique is that it incorporates two potent natural ingredients that have been proven to help address premature aging of the skin. These are:
- Lyco-O-Mato®: Lycopene extract from tomato oil, now being widely recognized in the medical circles as beneficial to health and skin
- Natural Astaxanthin: Has been found to be beneficial to organs and skin
Omega-3 DHA Fish Oil Premium Ingredients
60 Soft-gels per bottle
Each soft-gel contains:
- Fish Oil 1000mg
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: >500mg
- DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)): >280mg
- EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid): >120mg
- DPA (Docosapentaenoic acid): >50mg
- Natural Astaxanthin (Providing 300mcg Astaxanthin): 3mg
- Lyc-O-Mato® (Providing 1000mcg natural Lycopene): 16.7mg
- Omega 6: <40 mg
- Omega 9: >180mg
- Natural Mixed Tocopherols and Rosemary Extract 7.5mg
No synthetic additives or flavors
2.Omega-3 DHA Fish Oil
Also by Xtend-Life, Omega-3 DHA Fish Oil contains only the finest and purest natural ingredients. The Certificate of Analysis (COA) displayed at the manufacturer's website shows extremely high levels of purity and NO contaminants.
Like the premium version (above), this fish oil is from the pristine southern ocean of New Zealand, which has never been exposed to contaminants. They use a fish as hoki, which is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and so far has been found to have no contaminants. It is combined with South Pacific tuna oil.
The oil is obtained through molecular distillation to ensure purity and nutrient-preservation. Prior to molecular distillation, the company puts the ingredients through their own proprietary process to ensure even higher levels of purity than can be attained with molecular distillation alone. The catch is processed within a few hours to ensure freshness.
Omega-3 DHA Fish Oil Ingredients
60 soft gels per bottle
Each soft-gel contains:
- 500mgs of natural New Zealand hoki oil plus 500mgs of concentrated molecularly distilled tuna oil 1000mg
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids >500mg
- DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) >280mg
- EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) >120mg
- DPA (Docosapentaenoic acid) >50mg
- Omega 6 <40 mg
- Omega 9 >180mg
- Natural Mixed Tocopherols and
- Rosemary Extract 10mg
No synthetic additives or flavors
* None of the statements on this page have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.