He was an entertainer and an athlete per excellence. Though some called him a loudmouth, he did have a way with words. He was also a philosopher, though he seems not to get much credit for this. His words have changed lives, even helped change the course of history. There will only be one Muhammad Ali.
From fitness, to spirituality, to life in general, Muhammad Ali’s words packed a punch (just like he did in the ring during his prime). Even better, he practiced what he preached. Below is a simple infographic of 20 of his most inspirational quotes. The quotes appear in text after the graphic in case you can’t read them in the graphic.
1. “If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it – then I can achieve it.”
2. “Don’t count the days. Make the days count.”
3. “When I feel pain, that’s when I start counting, because that’s when it really counts.”
4. “Live every day like it’s your last because someday you’re going to be right.”
5. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'”
6. “I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want.”
7. “Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.”
8. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.”
9. “Friendship… is not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.”
10. “I’ve made my share of mistakes along the way, but if I have changed even one life for the better, I haven’t lived in vain.”
11. “The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses—behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.”
12. “It’s lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself.”
13. “People don’t realize what they had till it’s gone. Like President Kennedy, there was no one like him, the Beatles, and my man Elvis Presley. I was the Elvis of boxing.”
14. “Wars of nations are fought to change maps. But wars of poverty are fought to map change.”
15. “It’s the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.”
16. “The man who has no imagination has no wings.”
17. “I never thought of losing, but now that it’s happened, the only thing is to do it right. That’s my obligation to all the people who believe in me. We all have to take defeats in life.”
18. “If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.”
19. “I am an ordinary man who worked hard to develop the talent I was given. I believed in myself, and I believe in the goodness of others.”
20. “Age is whatever you think it is. You are as old as you think you are.”
Please share these quotes with your friends on social media. There are buttons for that below.