Ten Ways To Get Smoother Skin
As we get older, our body, skin and hair are effected by man-made and natural elements. We search out methods and products to replace the aging skin with healthy smooth skin. Here are 10 hints:
1. There are natural things we can do to get smooth skin, such as drink lots of water for the moisture it gives the skin.
2. Eat fresh fruit and vegetables to give your skin the nutrients and water that help moisturize and heal.
3. These, along with the benefits of lean proteins and whole grains, may have a positive effect on the quality and flexibility of your skin, especially the face, according to Mary Lupo, MD, clinical professor of dermatology at Tulane University School of Medicine.
4. Another way to get smoother skin is to eat fish every week because of the omega-3 fatty acids found within.
5. Getting plenty of exercise plays a big role in the quest for smooth skin. Whether hiking, biking or playing tennis, the action of our bodies causes blood flow to increase in circulation to all of our organs including our skin, bringing essential hydration and nutrients. It also increases oxygen intake and carbon dioxide release. As the body rids itself of toxins, the skin health improves as well as the body as a whole.
6. Staying away from tobacco is another way to get smoother healthier skin. Smoking ages the skin, together with the other bad effects it carries with it.
7. Getting eight or nine hours of sleep is also essential in keeping your skin healthy.
8. Keeping sunscreen on your body when enjoying the sun is yet another key to keep your skin looking smooth and healthy.
As we age, communication between the cells of our skin is lessened. The result of this is decreased collagen production. Collagen is a class of extracellular proteins that form strong bonds between cells.
The other result is a collection of elastin fibers that have lost their malleability, causing the skin to sag. These two conditions result in the signs we see as we age, such as wrinkles, thin skin, sagging and loss of general skin tone.
9. Another technique for lessening the wrinkles and tightening up the saggy skin is with the help of biomimetic peptides.
Biomimetic peptides are manufactured combinations of amino acids which become information carriers within the skin by mimicing the duty of growth factors, which carry messages between cells. As we age, our growth factor levels decline, so by introducing biomimetic peptides to our bodies through specific products, we allow more efficient communication between the dermis and epidermis, strengthening the connective tissue fibers and regaining some flexibility.
Some companies such as Dermaheal use the cutting edge science of molecular biology to generate biomimetic peptides. By assimilating them into their products, such as their anti-aging creams, they have formulated their ingredients to imitate the biological conditions of a young person's skin.
10. Organic skin care products are also very effective in the quest for smooth skin. They contain only natural ingredients, with no preservatives, synthetics, fragrances or other fabricated substances.
The answer to how to get smooth skin is found in how we live our lives and what lotions and creams we use on our skin.